(Resources in this section require a library card for at-home use)
(No library card required)
On demand, anytime, anywhere eLearning.
- Homework Help: Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- Skills-Building: Brush up or catch up on a subject or skill with a live tutor
- 24-Hour Writing Lab: Create a Brainfuse account and submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback within one business day.
- 24/7 Homework Question Center: Create a Brainfuse account and submit homework questions to be answered within one business day. If you have a question that can be answered by your local library (questions about library hours, your account, library programs, etc) please contact your library directly.
- Adult Learning Center: Access a library of rich adult learning content (GED) and live, professional assistance in resume/cover letter writing, proof-reading, U.S. citizenship prep, MS Office Essential Skills Series, and more!
- Foreign Language Center /Spanish-Speaking Support: Live help for your Spanish homework.
▶ Live academic assistance is available from Mon – Sun 2:00 PM — 11:00 PM EST. Get Help Now! (not available on some holidays.)
JobNow provides various tools to help with every step of the job search including live resume assistance, career planning, live career coaching, and live interview preparation.
VetNow supports veterans and their families with navigating the VA bureaucracy, providing academic tutoring, and assisting with employment transition.
Contains company histories, company profiles of both public and private companies, reports, articles from business magazines and newspapers, chronologies, rankings, and more.
Career Cruising is an interactive career reference guide. Includes college information, occupational profiles, resume help and financial aid information.
Creativebug has thousands of award-winning art & craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists.
Learning Express supports academic and career development as well as lifelong learning through tutorials, test-preparation, and skill-building resources. The new Learning Express format continues to offer skill-building in math, science and reading/writing for school-aged and adult learners as well as practice tests for the new GED, SAT, PSAT, AP ACCUPLACER, ASSET and COMPASS exams. You will also find practice certification tests for NCLEX-RN, PRAXISI and II and more. You will need your library card number to access the resource from home and registration is required the first time you use the service.
(Back to top)
Sharpen your skills with LinkedIn Learning (with Lynda.com content). This is an online resource to help broaden your knowledge and enhance your academic, technology-related, and creative skills.
- Thousands of online courses taught by experts that have real-world experience
- New courses added each week.
- Courses offered in 7 different languages – English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Mandarin, and Portuguese.
- Wide range of classes with multiple skill levels, along with short tutorials through comprehensive courses.
- Get recommendations based on the most in-demand skills.
- Learn at your own pace – anytime, anywhere.
Some course examples in software, creative, and business skills include leadership, project management, Cloud computing, Python, data science, 3D & animation, CAD, photography, videography, job hunting, digital marketing, sales, Microsoft Excel, and much more.
Muzzy is an online language learning program for kids.
Online training and continuing education courses. Features over 500 courses on a wide range of subjects.
Free Online Classes
Academic Earth – comprehensive collection of free online college courses from the world’s top universities.
Coursera – is an online education platform that partners with top universities and organizations to offer courses online for anyone to take, for free.
Excel Easy – Excel Tutorial. Easy to follow, fully illustrated + 300 examples.
Khan Academy – seeks to change education for the better by providing a free world-class education for anyone anywhere.
MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) – is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content. OCW is open and available to the world and is a permanent MIT activity.