Page and clerk positions are available from time to time on an as-needed basis. Please ask for an application form at the Circulation Desk or the Adult Reference Desk. We keep applications on file for 6 months.
Professional Positions (Librarian)
Part-Time Librarian or Trainee Positions Available
The Emma S. Clark Memorial Library is seeking two energetic, service-oriented librarians to join a dynamic Adult Services team. Both positions require working regular weekday afternoon and/or evening shifts in addition to working at least one Saturday and one Sunday per month for an average 10-15 hours per week. Weekend-only positions are also available. Scheduling flexibility is a plus.
- MLS (or equivalent) degree or current enrollment in an ALA-accredited library school pursuant to such a degree
- Strong communication skills and public service orientation
- Technology skill set appropriate for an information professional in today’s constantly changing environment
- Comfort using, and assisting others in using, computers and mobile devices to access library services and information
- Ability to work both independently and as an integral part of a team
- Providing reference assistance and reader’s advisory services by competently searching a broad range of print and electronic resources
- Training and assisting patrons to function in the digital age and to access online library services from a variety of portable devices
Compensation: $33.61/hour Mondays – Saturday
Trainee compensation is commensurate with credits completed:
From $25.54/hour to $38.32/hour Mondays – Saturdays
From $30.92/hour to $46.39/hour Sundays
These are not civil service positions. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by Thursday, September 28, to Joan Kahnhauser, Head of Adult Services, email@example.com, using the subject line Part-Time Position.
Emma S. Clark Memorial Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.